Transparency for councils under £25,000
This session introduces the concepts of transparency and the publication of information, showing how it links to and overlaps audit requirements. Topics include:
• Transparency for councils under £25,000
• Audit exemption for councils under £25,000
• Publication schemes
• The public's rights
• The Annual Return
By the end of this session you will:
• Understand how to comply with transparency requirements
• Recognise the benefits of publishing information
• Be aware of relevant legislation and sources of guidance
• Be able to identify what your council should publish and when
Who should attend
For officers and councillors that want to understand how to comply with the requirements of the transparency code for and the Freedom of Information Act.
Date & Time
19 May 2022 10:00-11:30
Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Cost (per delegate)
£60 non members
Please note: the course is open to all county associations and will therefore have clerks and councillors not from Northamptonshire in attendance. We hope that this will allow for this course to be delivered more often and throughout the year.
When booking onto this course, the details that you provide will be used to book you onto a third party website where you will receive booking confirmation. Your details will only be used for the purposes of sending joining instructions.