Training & Events
What you can expect from us:
- A comprehensive training programme to meet the needs of the sector
- High-quality training delivered by top quality trainers
- Venues offering excellent learning environments
- Joining instructions sent the week before a course
- Invoices raised a week after the course
- Provide Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
What we expect from you:
- Follow your council's procedures to identify training needs and book courses (Provisional bookings will be accepted while awaiting council approval)
- Arrive on time to events
- Have a learning mind-set when attending events
- Respect for both the trainer and other participants
- Sign the attendance list to ensure you receive your certificate
- A minimum of 7 days cancellation notice
Local Council Award Scheme
We require a minimum of 7 days' written notice for cancellations. Where enough notice is given no charge will be incurred by the council. However, where notice is less than 7 days the full cost of the course booking will be incurred. Additionally, non attendance without cancellation notice will incur the full cost of the course booking. Each case will be considered on an individual basis.
Where appropriate, delegates may attend in the place of the original attendee should they be unable to attend. A credit may be given for an alternative course; in this instance you should contact the Training Manager in writing.
We urge all clerks to bring this information to the attention of their councillors and staff.