The saying 'great leaders are born, not made' could be somewhat uninspiring for those of us who don't ooze natural charisma or possess prophetic-like vision! But in truth, there's no 'one size fits all' for leadership.
While your birth traits may inform the type of leader you become, nurture can determine how 'great' you'll be.
It's important to remember that a leader does not become successful in isolation - they are products of their environments and the people surrounding them. A good leader will work hard for their success by reading, observing, seeking feedback, practising, failing, and adapting - they never stop learning.
This elearning module aims to give you a deeper understanding of leadership and offers practical advice to help you on your way to becoming a great team leader.
When you finish the course, you'll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand your own leadership style
- Apply your knowledge of leadership styles in different situations
- Know how to build relationships and engage your team members
- Identify and employ effective team leadership skills and techniques
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£14 per person per course (members)
£28 per person per course (non members)
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.