Ordnance Survey digital maps can benefit communities by helping to improve public services at the local level. Maps can also help communities plan for the future, to shape their local area, and support their Neighbourhood Plan. Many town, parish and community councils require mapping to support their business activities; such as, asset management, grounds maintenance and planning local events.
The session will cover:
- Brief overview of the (Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA)
- Products available (both main products and OS OpenData products)
- Licence use rights - which will include; what the terms allow Members to use the data for, data sharing, working with third parties, publishing information on the web or in hard copy
- Use of data in a free Geographic Information System (GIS)
- The types of use which could be considered commercial or competitive in nature (thus have to be licensed outside the PSMA)
- How to order data
- Location of help resources - FAQs, guidance documents etc
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all Clerks and Councillors
Date & Time
Wednesday 15 October 2014 10.00am to 12.00noon
Northants CALC, Litchborough Business Park, Litchborough NN12 8JB
Richard Mortara, Public Sector Contract Manager, Ordnance Survey
£25 per delegate