Money Laundering Awareness
Have you ever thought about the journey your cash might have taken to get to you? Would you have any idea if it had been used in a crime?
Every year, billions of pounds are illegally laundered through the UK. Any one of us could be handling laundered money without even realising it!
'Money laundering' is a tactic used by criminals to turn profits from illegal activity into seemingly 'honest' proceeds. By legitimising these ill-gotten gains, criminality can continue to thrive, thereby funding further corruption and terrorism, undermining financial sectors and negatively impacting the economy as a whole.
To prevent 'dirty' money from flowing freely through our system, it's vital that companies and individuals know how to spot this type of financial crime.
This elearning module includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of money laundering and how to prevent it.
When you finish the course, you'll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Describe what money laundering is and how it is done
- Understand UK legislation and regulations regarding money laundering and what they cover
- Explain how to prevent money laundering
- Recognise the consequences of non-compliance with anti-money laundering legislation
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£14 per person per course (members)
£28 per person per course (non members)
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.