Modern Slavery Awareness
When we hear the word 'slavery', we tend to think of the past or of cruel exploitation in other countries. Yet slavery is still prolific today, right here in the UK. In fact, thousands of men, women and children are tricked or forced into 'modern slavery' in Britain each year.
Think about the last time you stayed in a hotel. What's the story of the agency worker who cleaned your room? What about the last item of clothing you bought? What path did it take to get to you and could anyone have been exploited in the supply chain?
Modern slavery is complex and hard to detect. Victims are often scared, abused and feel unable to escape, which is why greater public awareness is key to combatting this abhorrent crime.
This elearning module includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of modern slavery.
When you finish the course, you will be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Appreciate the extent and types of modern slavery that occur in the UK
- Recognise the factors that can increase a person's risk of exploitation
- Spot the signs that can help you identify potential victims of modern slavery and human trafficking
- Understand measures used to punish perpetrators and support victims
- Report your suspicions or concerns to the appropriate organisation
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£14 per person per course (members)
£28 per person per course (non members)
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.