Health and Safety
We've probably all been guilty of the odd eye roll in response to 'health and safety' comments at work!
Yet health and safety regulations have our best interests at heart; they seek to protect our physical and mental wellbeing in the workplace and are absolutely essential for all organisations operating under UK law.
Jobs in today's society are highly varied, with employees working across many different environments. But regardless of whether you work in a warehouse or at a desk, you will still be exposed to health and safety related risks.
This course includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of health and safety. When you've finished the course, you'll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Recognise why health and safety is important for individuals, councils in their role as employers and society as a whole
- Understand the frameworks of health and safety legislation
- Recognise the responsibilities your employer has for your health and safety
- Use a range of health and safety techniques and good practice to help keep yourself safe at work (and beyond!)
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£28 non members
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.