Data Protection (GDPR)
Now that technology plays such a central role in our everyday lives, many of us are sharing more and more personal information in exchange for products and services.
We want to think this data is secure and well-managed. However, with frequent reports of hacking attacks on large organisations and misused personal information, how can we be sure our data is safe?
People need to feel confident that their information is in good hands. Anyone who processes personal data must comply with data protection rules and follow good practice in data management.
This elearning module includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of data protection.
When you finish the course, you will be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing an assessment.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Recognise why fair and effective data management is important to individuals and to society as a whole
- Understand relevant data protection legislation and regulations, along with the penalties for breaching these
- Work with information in a way that doesn't breach the data protection principles and individuals' rights
- Respond to requests for information from individuals in a way that is legal and effective
Once you've had a taste of GDPR e-learning, why not book onto our GDPR course to see how GDPR is relevant to you and your council.
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£28 non members
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.