A review of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 ('GDPR') which became law nearly two years ago on 25th May 2018.
It was a radical change for both the public and private sector. Two years on we will ask, what has worked? We will also look at what hasn't worked. We will also review the Data Protection Act 2018.
The first session will cover:
- A reminder of what the GDPR is
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- Mailing lists and 'consent'
- Privacy Notices
- Privacy by design
The second session will cover:
- What does compliance look like?
- Who is the Data Protection Officer?
- Subject Access Requests
- Data security and the obligation to report breaches within 72 hours
Who Should Attend
Clerks and Councillors who wish to develop their knowledge in this area.
Date & Time
Tuesday 21 September 2021 17:00-19:00
Liz Howlett, EJH Legal
The tutor is a solicitor and former Head of Legal and Monitoring Officer who has been involved with Data Protection since 1998 and has had responsibility for compliance with information legislation at both district and unitary councils
Cost per delegate
£76 non members