As one of nature's most devastating elements, fire can consume indiscriminately, with enough ferocity to destroy property and take lives.
The best defence against such a force is to prevent fires from starting in the first place. This is only possible if we can understand the hazards and circumstances that lead to fire, and manage them appropriately.
But what if the worst does happen? Knowing how to respond in the event of a fire is vital in safeguarding your own safety, as well as your colleagues. Would you know what to do if the fire alarm sounded in your workplace right now?
This course includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your awareness of fire safety.
When you have finished the course, you'll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand council's responsibilities as employers under fire safety law
- Prevent fires by using the fire triangle theory
- Identify fire safety signs and appreciate the importance of knowing where they are in your workplace
- Identify fire safety equipment and understand how it should be used
- Recognise the need to periodically check fire safety procedures
- Carry out the fire safety procedures in place in your organisation
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£28 non members
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.