The purpose of this training session is to develop your understanding of what good assurance and risk management arrangements should look like, and what might be required if you venture into delivering new and different services.
Are you risk-ready for Localism? Understanding your risks and how to manage them will be critical to helping you to successfully deliver services under the new powers that the Localism Act brings.
Local councils need assurance about their governance arrangements. Two key parts of the governance framework are effective risk management and robust internal audit arrangements.
A training session has been put together by Rosanne Fleming, a Risk Management and Internal Audit specialist, to provide NCALC Members with:
- an introduction to Risk Management
- understanding what risk management is;
- why getting it right is important to Local Councils now and in the future;
- de-mystifying the jargon;
- identifying what your main risks are likely to be;
- examples of where things can go wrong; and
- how to assess, record and manage them.
Who should attend
This is a must attend event for all Clerks/RFO's
Date & Time
Wednesday 12 February 2014 10.00am to 12.30pm
The Saxon Hall, Raunds
Rosanne is the Managing Director of Greenbiro Audit Services and has 15 years of local government experience in internal audit and risk management. She has also worked with a number of local councils to develop their internal audit plans and their risk management arrangements.
£34 per delegate