Equality and Diversity
Have you ever been overlooked for a task you knew you could complete just as well as the next person? It doesn't seem fair at all, does it? Yet, hundreds of thousands of people face discrimination every day based on factors other than their talent, such as their gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
To foster a culture of equal opportunity, businesses must embrace the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion, placing them at the heart of their policies and procedures. As individuals, we have the responsibility to treat others fairly, just as we'd expect to be treated fairly ourselves. Only then can we reap the benefits of a truly diverse and inclusive workplace, not to mention society as a whole.
This elearning course includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion.
When you finish the course, you will be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing an assessment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand what is meant by 'equality', 'diversity' and 'inclusion', and recognise how they benefit us
- Identify who is protected by the Equality Act, and explain what happens if their rights are compromised
- Recognise discrimination and other unfair practices in the workplace and know how to act on them
- Understand what you can do yourself to promote equality, diversity and inclusion
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£28 non members
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.