Display Screen Equipment Assessment
Achy neck? Sore back? Blurry eyes? You may not realise it, but the set-up of your workstation and your posture while working with display screen equipment (DSE) can have a significant impact on your health and safety.
'DSE' refers to any device with a screen and some sort of keyboard. This includes smart phones, tablets, laptops, and regular desktop computers.
This course explores DSE use, posture and the set-up of your workstation. At the end of the course you'll be given a quick quiz and have the opportunity to fill out a workstation assessment checklist to send to your employer so they can ensure you're working safely.
This course will enable you to assess your own workstation, to make sure it's as well arranged and safe as it can be!
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of DSE workstation assessments
- Identify whether you are a high, medium or low-risk user
- Recognise the effects of poor posture
- Adjust your posture so you have a good posture while working
- Adjust your workstation to suit you
- Carry out a DSE risk assessment
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£28 non members
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.