This session is an introduction to the basics of procurement for local councils – inviting quotes, producing specifications and tender documentation, achieving competition and value for money, managing contracts.
- EU procurement thresholds
- Basic terminology and steps involved in procurement
- Estimates, quotes and tenders
- Producing a specification
- Quality and value for money
- Advertising, including Contracts Finder
By the end of Contracts and Procurement you will:
- Be aware of EU procurement thresholds
- Recognise when you must advertise on Contracts Finder
- Understand how to produce a specification for what you want
- Understand the basic terminology and steps involved in procurement
- Be able to ensure your procurement achieves value for money
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in procuring goods and services, preparing tenders or entering into contracts on behalf of local councils.
Date & Time
Wednesday 4 September 2019 10.00am to 12.30pm
Moulton Community Centre, Sandy Hill, Reedings, Moulton
Steve Parkinson, The Parkinson Partnership LLP
Steve is a former Town Clerk and an accountant with 30 years' experience in public and voluntary sector finance. He now specialises in delivering training and advice on VAT and finance matters for the local council sector.
£42 per delegate (Members)
£84 per delegate (Non Members)