The course will cover a range of topics including:
- How to conduct an efficient and effective council meeting
- Dealing with disruptive Councillors and/or members of the public
- The statutory role of Chairman – and all the other roles you weren't told about when you were elected!
- How to deal with new legislation affecting council meetings, including the new right for meetings to be recorded without notice
- The one secret that will make your meetings better – and shorter!
- How to build a council that works effectively as a team
At the end of the workshop there will be time allocated for a Q&A session.
Welcome to our Virtual Classroom! These are not webinars. These are live, interactive 'classroom' based sessions led by one of our experienced trainers. You'll take part, ask questions and contribute to the group discussion in the same way you would if you were attending an open course. With whiteboarding, 'raise your hand', and screen sharing, our aim is to as closely as possible replicate the experience of attending one of our open training courses.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for the council's Chairman/Mayor, Vice Chairman/Deputy Mayor as well as all chairmen of committees.
Date and Time
14 June 2021 18:30-21:00
22 June 2021 10:00-12:30
11 October 2021 18:30-21:00
Danny Moody, Chief Executive, Northants CALC
Cost per delegate
£88 non members