Bribery is known by many names - a sweetener, kickback or backhander - but would you really know if it was going on in your workplace?
The Bribery Act 2010 was introduced to halt corruption and bribery in the UK, and in organisations associated with the UK.
During this course we'll explore anti-bribery legislation under the Act, look at what constitutes bribery, and provide tips on how you can spot it. You'll learn when it's ok to accept a work-related gift, and when a 'gift' is considered bribery under the law.
This course helps you understand the Bribery Act and shows you how the provisions of this UK legislation function.
When you finish the course, you will be asked to demonstrate your understanding of some of the key points by completing a short assessment.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Define bribery and corruption
- Understand the Bribery Act 2010 and the penalties for breaking the law
- Recognise what constitutes a crime under the Bribery Act
- Know the six principles organisations should follow when designing their bribery policies and procedures
- Know what actions to take should you suspect bribery
E-learning is not intended to replace our virtual/physical classroom training.
£14 per person per course (members)
£28 per person per course (non members)
All council employees and councillors are welcome to access the e-learning.
How to book
Please complete this form to request enrollment on an e-learning course https://forms.office.com/r/RhP2ME6dkp
- The email address of the delegate must be unique to the delegate; it cannot be shared or the clerk's email address.
- Log in details MUST NOT be shared; anyone found abusing this rule will be removed from the e-learning platform permanently.